What is your preferance? - Team Forums
Team Forums
Official Sponsor of Chevy Team     

Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

ChevyTeam.com is the premier Chevrolet All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What type of interior?
Factory perfect! 17 65.38%
9th Wonder of the world creation! 7 26.92%
Gut it and lets drive!!! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 08:11 PM

Default What is your preferance?

What kind of interior do you prefer?

Are you a hard core restoration guy/gal and everything needs to be exact to how it came off the assy line?

Are you a creative genius and have made/will make your own personal masterpiece?

Or do you prefer the MadMax gutted look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Site Moderator

Maybe more of a combination of original and custom. I do not know how to classify the Elky. Although it is an original looking SS, bucket/console interior it rolled out of the factory as a bench seat column shift 307 car.
The Nova will be what ever I can afford (quite possibly the gutted version).

Old 10-29-2006, 08:54 PM

The 'Bringer will prolly go the gutted route too, but the 62 sedan I hope to customise. It will be interresting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Carl

I like using my mind and making it like I like it....although I am not a big fan of over the top Boyd Cottington crap either.
My65
MY65
Nampa Id.
Team Chevelle # 2984
Old 10-31-2006, 11:19 AM

I like to keep things as close to original as I can. I do however like aftermarket shifters, B&M or Hurst.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
--

Your poll doesn't really cover where I am going with my cars. The Camaro is getting 4th gen seats done in ivory houndstooth to match a stock deluxe interior with no other interior changes. Since the houndstooth wasn't an option for ragtops that makes 2 deviations from stock but looking completely stock... The Nova seats have been done in black vinyl but not exactly stock and will have Sun and SW tach and guages so not too far removed from factory...

I think the trick with custom interiors is having a good fit and finish so it looks like it was all designed and meant to be together. I have seen some very stripped but completely finished bare interiors that were totally functional and cool. If the car is just a tool to get you down the 1320 ahead of the guy next to you it just needs to be functional...

"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Old 10-31-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
Your poll doesn't really cover where I am going with my cars. The Camaro is getting 4th gen seats done in ivory houndstooth to match a stock deluxe interior with no other interior changes. Since the houndstooth wasn't an option for ragtops that makes 2 deviations from stock but looking completely stock... The Nova seats have been done in black vinyl but not exactly stock and will have Sun and SW tach and guages so not too far removed from factory...

I think the trick with custom interiors is having a good fit and finish so it looks like it was all designed and meant to be together. I have seen some very stripped but completely finished bare interiors that were totally functional and cool. If the car is just a tool to get you down the 1320 ahead of the guy next to you it just needs to be functional...
Well it takes a Mod or someone with Mod Powers to edit a poll, know anyone who fits the bill?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:15 AM
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTSHADE View Post
Well it takes a Mod or someone with Mod Powers to edit a poll, know anyone who fits the bill?
Well I got some privlage based on my admin status on the Camaro site but no edit or delete buttons are showing up in the threads here...

"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Old 11-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Site Moderator

Nothing on my screen either. Looks like it might take full admin privilages to edit the poll.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:31 PM

I like more of the "resto-mod" look. Not full #'s matching chalk marked, but not all sleeked out funky looking custom either. A little bit of both. More of a stock look with some cool subtle changes to make it my own.
"I LIKES WHAT I LIKES AND THAT'S THAT."
Old 12-14-2006, 04:01 PM

I like the factory look Although when done correct custom is cool too! Here is a couple pictures of my old chevy II interior.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:14 PM

Mine is as it rolled out of the factory, athough I haven't ruled out 3rd or 4th gen seats if I ever decide to put in A/C and a 5 speed and get it on the road. All are really a far fetched ideas, but you never know. Jim
Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Interior

To me it depends on the car, If it's an original car then id stay original, a modified car then anything goes.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:45 PM

David (A.K.A Sass)

I like an interior that looks like it could be period factory correct. An example is while I have factory style bucket seats for my car I also have a pair of 69 Z/28 buckets with head rests that I like the feel and look of much better than the origional High backs. A couple of small modifications thrown in like white face gauges building a small plate to cover the center AC dash vent that has a couple extra gauges in it and probably a custom shifter would be neat too, but nothing overboard. I want to drive it in comfort not live in it, even if my wife thinks otherwise!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Hey Doug now thats real nice work. Rick
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 PM

I like the orignal look

Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 PM

Mike

got Here's what I did to my 63 Nova with the seats from an 02 Acura tl that I got from LKQ on ebay.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:40 PM

Drive it like you stole it!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement