Tracking Device - Team Forums
Team Forums
Official Sponsor of Chevy Team     

ChevyTeam.com is the premier Chevrolet All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Tracking Device

I have SCOURED the Camaro forum, eBay, the internet, etc., and I'm still not happy with what I have found. I am looking for a tracking unit to hide in my car that can simply be activated from my home computer to track in real time if my car is stolen, preferably without a monthly monitoring fee (I'll pay one if I have to). Since the only time I want to use it is if I it's stolen, I don't need to track where the car is on a daily basis and obviously the kind that you have to retrieve to see where your car has been are of no use. Can anyone suggest a brand or model?

Thanks,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 04:07 PM

i used to have wherfy but not anymore. i payed $20/month but i think they are offered as low as $10 per month. the higher you pay themore your allowed to track per month.

also look into cingula or nextel. as most cell phone companies offer gps for you to track it. you could hide it in your car and hard wire it to you electricals so you don't have to worry about charging the battery.

and if i'm not mistaken viper and or clifford now offers gps tracking device for their alarms.

i'm sure you have to pay a monthly fee for these services, with the wherfy you could check the on where your car is via internet. it actually shows the nearest adress, street and cross street the car is on. and it sometimes gives a birds eye view map.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esponet View Post
i used to have wherfy but not anymore. i payed $20/month but i think they are offered as low as $10 per month. the higher you pay themore your allowed to track per month.

also look into cingula or nextel. as most cell phone companies offer gps for you to track it. you could hide it in your car and hard wire it to you electricals so you don't have to worry about charging the battery.

and if i'm not mistaken viper and or clifford now offers gps tracking device for their alarms.

i'm sure you have to pay a monthly fee for these services, with the wherfy you could check the on where your car is via internet. it actually shows the nearest adress, street and cross street the car is on. and it sometimes gives a birds eye view map.
Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, why don't you use wherfy anymore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Hi Have Look At Lo Jack The Best

HI I THINK YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HERE

http://www.lojack.com/
Old 01-07-2007, 01:01 PM

Look at this, you can pull up the web site and locate your car any time you want. There is a monthly fee, no one is going to offer this service for free!!
I have had this on my chevelle for 2 years. You can use all the options or just the locate feature which is what I have. You can add or remove features when you like. It also has a geo fence you set around the car, if car moves outside the fence you get a call so you know within minutes if it moves.
http://www.mplusgps.com/
Old 01-08-2007, 01:12 PM

Thanks Elcamino66, at first glance this is pretty much what I am looking for. I don't mind a monthly fee as long as it is in this range. What I don't need is the $40-$50 a month fleet tracking-type coverage, which is most of what I was finding. I'll check it out closer when I get home this evening.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 PM

i stopped using it, cause i stopped driving the car that i was using it on. it became a trailer queen. and i never let it out of my sights anymore.
i used to drive it and leave it parked un-atended, not anymore so i did not see a need for it.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:53 AM

The ramification is functional for the top of the goals. The feat of the movement for the use of the australian writings in the fight in this ambit. The product is fit for the hope of the guiles and its impact on the dark side for the citizens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement