some opinions on a dirty job - Team Forums
Team Forums
Official Sponsor of Chevy Team     

ChevyTeam.com is the premier Chevrolet All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Default some opinions on a dirty job

i have a 72 chevelle that i aquired from the original owner[the little older lady] . never the less the car was well used, so to make to make a short story long i need to remove the poor worn out 307 and leaking t350 to gain access to the thick oil grease and dirt what kind of cleaners will be best to degrime this mess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 08:19 AM

I'd get a power washer after it first and knock the big chunks off. Maybe even get it steam cleaned. Blast it good before pulling that grime ball out to to keep yourself cleaner. Then it's more power washing, using putty knifes and scrappers, and finally simple green and brushes.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:32 AM

I echo that approach with the proposition that the first "blast" be done at the local self-serv car wash. Call them and arrange for some time in the bay or go at an off-time (we have one that stays open 'til midnight) and you can usually get it up on jackstands, wheels off, etc and really work around/under it. Better to let them deal with the grimy waste than muckin' up your own driveway or sideyard or whatever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 PM

David (A.K.A Sass)

I would do it on my dirt driveway. It would help to keep the grass from growing on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement