Wyoming! - Team Forums
Team Forums
Official Sponsor of Chevy Team     

ChevyTeam.com is the premier Chevrolet All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 PM

Talking Wyoming!

Anyone else from "Wonderful Wyoming"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Another Wyomingite

I am from Alpine, Wy. Lived in N/W Wyo since 1973. I Autocross a 1968 Camaro highly modified for racing but completely street legal. It could easily be set up for pro touring by changing to softer springs, putting rubber body mounts back in and softening up the dampening on the Qa1 12 way adj shocks.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Seems as though there aren't many of us here. We've been in Greybull for about 5 yrs now and really like it. Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 09:43 PM

What part of Wyoming is greybull in? I've never even been to Wyoming, yet I've flirted with the idea of moving out there for the simple reason that it's the least populated state in the nation, and I'm tired of the rat race here in New England. Too many people here, too much traffic on the roads, too many nosey neighbors, too many rules and regulations, and egotistical cops who have nothing better to do but hassle you about driving fast. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for cops in general, and there are a lot of cops who are great guys.

I'm just tired of living in an overpopulated state, and many of them in our country are. I'd like to take my lady to a place like Wyoming, buy a nice peice of land, and build a drag strip and a rifle range right on my land where no neighbors nor cops can hassle me, and I can have a good time. I've spoken over the phone with realtors about land in Laramie county and Neabrara county ( spelling is off I think) as well.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:35 PM

Hey planemech, I've been in Cheyenne since '70. You really have to enjoy the wide open spaces and to put up with the wind to live here. Lived in Riverton a while back in the mid 70's. I'm still waiting on this global warming thing that everyone is talking about. I post on TC occasionally. Been there since '05. CRG since '01.
There are two other guys that I've met through TC that live in Cheynne. Not many of us Wyomingites around.

BillyGman...I've visit yearly one of my sons that live about 25 miles south of Arlington, Va. on I-95. He does that comute daily. Just too damn many people and waaaay too much traffic for my liking. I can understand why you'd want out!! Good luck. Jim
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L65-4spd View Post
BillyGman...I've visit yearly one of my sons that live about 25 miles south of Arlington, Va. on I-95. He does that comute daily. Just too damn many people and waaaay too much traffic for my liking. I can understand why you'd want out!! Good luck. Jim
Thanks Jim for your reply and insight on these things. It's tough to find people who've actually lived there. One day I'll visit there (hopefully soon). BTW, how's Casper as compared to Cheyenne? The tough thing is that I know that there aren't very many jobs in Wyoming, and so I'd have to sell my place here, and with the profit from the sale, buy a place and some land over there for cash, and just pump gasoline the rest of my days. I probably could live with that though seeing is how I wouldn't have any mortgage to pay. But it would be a big step to take. Are there drag strips there? What about monster truck races/shows?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:32 AM

I'm a neighbor just a little south of you in Fort Collins, CO. We toured WY last summer following the pioneer trails and visiting Devil's Tower, etc. Stopped in at the junkyard west of Casper (http://www.wyomingclassiccars.com/Default.aspx). Wife remained in the car, which I can't understand. I was looking for Nova parts, but there are all kinds of models there. He seems to prefer to sell whole cars, but is a nice guy and easy to talk to.

Being retired military, I visit the base at Cheyenne occasionally. A little breezy most of the time. Took a cool tour of WyoTech in Larimie, too.

Dan (regards from Colorado)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement